DAV/PS/VK/2016-17/Cir-01 Dated 19.3.2016
We extend a warm welcome to you for the new academic session 2016-17.
· School timings are from 8.00 am to 2.10 pm for classes V to XII and 8.00 am to 1.30 pm for classes Pre-School to IV. Punctuality as a value should be inculcated in the students. Therefore, coming late to the school has to be discouraged.
· School gates shall be closed at 8.00 am and latecomers will not be allowed to attend the school.
· It is essential for every student to carry I-card .
· The “Student’s Diary” is an important document which must be brought to the school daily. Parents are requested to go through it thoroughly and guide their ward to follow the instructions given in it.
· The entire planner of the year including information regarding Assessment pattern , date sheet for assessment , intra school activities, schedule of PTMs of all classes has been given in the “Student’s Diary ”. Please make it a point to meet the teachers during the PTMs on specifically mentioned days between 8.30 am to 11.00 am.
· Saturday is a non working day for preschool to class IV.
· For classes V to XII Second Saturday and last Saturday shall be non-working. [Please check the schedule]
· The students should come to school in proper uniform prescribed by the school.
· It is mandatory for students to appear in all examinations /activities /projects.
· Please ensure that your ward has at least 75% attendance in school as per CBSE norms.
· Please do not ask for half day or short leave for students. In case of emergency if you come to pick your ward please bring the duplicate copy of I-card for identification.
· Kindly do not come to school to hand over lunch boxes to the students during the school hours. Restrict daily pocket money. Excessive spending should be discouraged.
· Kindly ensure that your ward does not bring mobile phones / tablets / i-pads to the school. If found, it will be confiscated and shall not be returned.
· It is the duty of every student to take care of school property. If your ward damages school property, the cost of repair /replacement and fine will be paid by you.
· Mobile alerts are sent to parents for important information. Kindly ensure that your correct mobile number is registered with school .Change in residential address and telephone number should be intimated immediately to school for necessary action with requisite proof.
· We have a responsibility towards our environment and we should inculcate the same in children. In this context we expect following things from you immediately.
1. Today is Earth Hour from 8.30 P.M. to 9.30 P.M. please keep all your lights switched off at that time.
2. We are giving a sticker to spread the message that trees should be planted. Please paste it on your car and if you do not own a car please get it pasted on some one else’s car.
3. We are giving a plant/seed to your ward. Please get it planted by your ward, take the photograph and ensure that the child waters the plant and monitors its growth.
I hope you will contribute in making our planet earth a beautiful place to live in.
· This year summer vacation will be from May 21, 2016 to July 3, 2016. Plan your holiday accordingly.
We hope that you will co-operate with us in achieving the aims for which DAV stands.